Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Edible Typeface

So here's how my first 3D design turned out! I showed the original sketch on an earlier post... but for those of you who didn't catch that one this is a cereal box I designed to hold the contents of my notes and classwork for my Typography1 class... so if you check out the graphic on the front you can see my name "Deva" and also "Type1" hidden in the pile of illustrated letters. It was the first large scale project that I used adobe illustrator for... and I'm self taught on that program... so a struggle and a learning process for sure! This quarter I enrolled in the software class so I have a real live instructor (Maria Nelson... I highly recommend her for anyone interested in taking a class with her at SVC) helping me with illustrator... and wow... she's awesome. Also, the concept for the drawing and the design on this project were mine but my wonderful boyfriend Evan Hetrick re-worked the cover illustration. It was out first design collaboration and it was tons of fun. Many more to come! 





S

1 comment:

  1. That's really cool! Adobe Illustrator kind of scares me.

    ReplyDelete